SupportTicket Welcome to Help & Support

We offer various forms of technical support for RJ Webbuilder. The primary way to get help is through the Support Ticket System.  

If this is your first visit you will need to register to create your ticket. If you are returning please login to see your current and solved tickets. Login/Register button is in the upper right main menu.

Please search the knowledgebase below or in the Help Forum for answers to common questions before submittimg a ticket.

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New Builder in Cleveland
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New Builder in Cleveland

Re: New Builder in Cleveland 05 Jan 2014 20:01 #2175

We have a yearly calendar meeting where most of the year is planned out. Then each committee creates their own entries into calendarwiz. The office also enters their private entries in there.

Other than a minor formatting issue with the upcoming events lists, due to the Joomla CSS, it works well.
Serge Adam
Temple Har Zion
Thornhill, ON

Re: New Builder in Cleveland 06 Jan 2014 16:52 #2179

If only we were that organized. There are some committees that meet on a regular schedule, but others meet more or less at random.

Keeping the calendar up to date is labor intensive. A good part of that labor is getting the information in the first place.

Re: New Builder in Cleveland 07 Jan 2014 14:22 #2180

• ALF
  • Gold Boarder
  • Temple Beth Or Web Editor
One of the things that makes being the Web Editor at my Temple a do-able job, is our fantastic calendar coordinators. This husband-wife team accepts all calendar requests, posts them on our Google Calendars, and attempts to resolve room/time conflicts. Granted, our Temple is small enough (140-150 families) that serious time conflicts are exceedingly rare, but our calendar coordinators make sure that everything is accurate and up-to-date. Once I set up GCalendar and the associated Upcoming Events modules, all the calendar events 'flow' onto our web pages with no further work on my part.

Unless your congregation is huge, I should think that a good calendar coordinator can do the same job, resolving most issues with a simple email exchange.
Al Friedman
Temple Beth Or
Everett, WA

Re: New Builder in Cleveland 08 Jan 2014 19:00 #2184

Similar here. We have our calendar at the beginning of the year, and anything that crops up after must be checked with the Temple secretary.
Serge Adam
Temple Har Zion
Thornhill, ON

Re: New Builder in Cleveland 08 Jan 2014 19:23 #2185

Our temple administrator performs all functions, including assembling the calendar. I, in turn, get my information by reading the bulletin or, sometimes, from an e-mail announcement of some kind.

A few of the committee chairs are kind enough to let me know what's going on.

We have wandered away from the original topic, so I'm going to sign off.

Re: New Builder in Cleveland 11 Feb 2014 13:04 #2235

• whelfand
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey All,

Just to follow up, ... we are still using two calendars but are edging closer to one main calendar using JEvents as well as the JEvents custom fields plugin. The key factor will be the development of a new employee who is quickly learning the JEvents functions using front-end editing, as well as all of her other job functions!

Thanks for all of the great discussion,

Wendy
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds
UA-370524-15